This makes a really tasty springy loaf, very hard to distinguish from wholemeal bread – and as it is yeasted, it’s got that lovely freshly baked bread smell!
Nutrition: Makes 18 slices | Carbs: Approx 2g per slice
- 1/2 cup Oat Fibre*
- 2/3 cup Flaxseed Meal
- 1.25 cups of Vital Wheat Gluten*
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sweetener (I use stevia/erythritol mix)
- 1/2 teaspoon Xanthan Gum
- 1 teaspoon Instant Yeast
- 1 cup Warm Water
- 1 teaspoon Honey
- 2 Eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons melted Butter
- Mix the wet ingredients, and add to the breadmaker
- Mix the dry ingredients, making sure you’ve broken up all the oat fibre clumps if there are any
- Add dry ingredients to breadmaker, on top of wet
- Put breadmaker on for a standard 750g loaf
Notes on ingredients:
The Oat Fibre is JUST the fibre from oats, so has zero carbs, but be careful NOT to use standard oat flour, which has lots of carbs.
Vital Wheat Gluten is just the gluten protein from the wheat, which is fairly low in carbs
Both of the above products are available on Amazon in the UK.