Whether you call them Oopsie Rolls, Cloud Bread or Cloud Buns, you’ll see them being used in a few of our breakfast recipes. They can be made using only 3 ingredients so they’re perfect for our purposes. We recommend making a batch the night before or on Sunday to have for the week.
Store them in an air-tight container in the refrigerator with some parchment paper in between each bun for up to a week. You can also freeze them in a single layer on a baking sheet, then transfer into a large Ziploc bag and store for up to 2 months.
Nutrition: Per Cloud Bun: 50 calories | Makes 10-12 Cloud Buns | 14 grams of fat | 12.5 grams of protein | 10.7 grams of carbs
Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 30 mins
- 3 large eggs
- 3 oz. cream cheese, cubed
- 1tsp. cream of tartar or 1 tsp. baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 300°F.
- Separate the eggs into two mixing bowls.
- Beat the egg whites with a clean, electric hand mixer until foamy
- Add cream of tartar (or baking powder) and beat until opaque and shiny.
- Beat the cream cheese and egg yolks until well combined and pale in color
- Fold the egg whites into the egg yolk mixture very gently.
- Spoon Y. cup at a time onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet about 1-2 inches apart and bake for 30 minutes.
- Let cool completely before removing and enjoying.