Fathead pizza is a delicious addition to your low carb high fat diet. The finished fathead pizza looks and tastes just like it’s high carb cousin, but with few carbs and fantastic taste this is a treat that you’re going to want to keep as part of your low carb eating plan.
Image: Fat Head Pizza with Chicken, mushrooms, basil and cheddar cheese
Nutrition: 24g carbohydrate in the recipe – makes six portions | =4g carbohydrate per portion (not including your toppings)
- 360ml pre-grated mozzarella cheese
- 100g almond flour
- 2 tbsp cream cheese
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp salt
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Gently heat mozzarella and cream cheese in a small, non-stick pan on medium heat or place in a glass bowl in the microwave for 30 – 60 seconds
- Beat mixture until they melt together
- Add the other ingredients and mix well
- Coat dough with a little olive oil to help it come out of the bowl cleanly, tip out of bowl and flatten between 2 sheets of parchment paper using a rolling pin to your desired thickness.
- Remove top parchment sheet and prick dough with a fork all over
- Optional: sprinkle with dried herbs, spread with garlic paste
- Bake in the oven for 10–12 minutes until golden brown
- Once removed from the oven you can and add toppings of choice (e.g. tomato paste, cheese, tuna, chicken, sautéed onions, soften bell peppers etc.) before re-baking until topping is heated through/additional cheese has melted (5-8 mins).